Risk Management Classroom
Risk Management Classroom is risk management training on your desktop! Risk Management Classroom is an accessible education program for your staff and volunteers.
It's informative, convenient and affordable risk management training tailored for nonprofit personnel — available 24/7. Designed for busy nonprofit staff by the Nonprofit Risk Management Center, the brand-new Risk Management Classroom courses are easy to navigate and include final tests with immediate scoring. Users who successfully complete a course may generate a Certificate of Completion to show their mastery of the material.
Featured courses include:
- Risk Management Basics — This courses provides an introduction to the topic of risk management. Every nonprofit takes risks in order to achieve its mission. Risking is most effective when the leaders of an organization appreciate the risks associated with activities and know how to develop practical responses that suit the culture, resources and goals of the organization.
- Volunteer Risk Management — This course applies myriad risks that arise when a nonprofit engages volunteers. Learn how to harmonize risk and reward while managing the expectations of your volunteers and the requirements of your nonprofit.
- Insurance Basics — This course offers an overview of insurance for nonprofits. Insurance is a risk-financing tool with many facets. The type of insurance purchased depends on 1) the type of risks the nonprofit might have combined with 2) the likelihood that the risk will occur. Should an insurance claim or lawsuit be filed against the nonprofit, an insurance policy may provide a means to pay attorneys’ fees, court costs and claims for injury, property damage or death. Purchase this course if you have questions about what insurance is and what it can and can’t do for your nonprofit.
- Managing Your Insurance Program — This course suggests a strategy and approach to managing a nonprofit's insurance program — the collection of coverages purchased by an organization.
- Contracting with Care — This course identifies what establishes an agreement as binding and the types of information to address in a contract between your nonprofit and another party. Nonprofits may contract for space, equipment, printing, a CEO/executive director, a content specialist and many other products and services. Consider purchasing this course if you have questions about what constitutes a contract, what it should contain, and when an attorney’s knowledge is required.
- Managing Governance Risks — This course focuses on risks created by the members of the board of directors in the course of their duties. You will want to purchase this course if you are committed to understanding and addressing the governance risks facing your nonprofit.
- Managing Employment Risks — This course addresses the main cause of lawsuits against nonprofit organizations and explains what you need to know to protect your organization from harm or loss associated with your hiring, supervision or dismissal practices.
- Effective Staff and Volunteer Screening — This course isolates screening from the total hiring process and explains the protection that various screening tools provide and don’t provide. You need to purchase this course to make certain that you use screening appropriately — in accordance with the demands of the position and in compliance with federal and state laws.
- Principles of Youth Development — This course differentiates the expected physical and mental development of children from early childhood through late adolescence and their needs as related to age and development. It also addresses additional needs of children with disabilities. You need to purchase this course if your organization offers services to young people.
- Principles of Youth Protection — This course identifies some of the factors that contribute to undesired, unexpected events in youth-serving organizations and seven principles that will increase the protection of children in your organization. Consider purchasing this course if organization offers daily or occasional services to children and youth.
- Driver and Vehicle Safety — This course highlights methods for ensuring driver and vehicle safety for those who drive as part of their job description and those who drive intermittently as the need arises in “company” vehicles or personal vehicles. You need to purchase this course if your nonprofit has staff members or volunteers who drive on the nonprofit’s business.
- Special Event Safety — This course divides event planning and management into management steps to reduce risk and protect people, property and reputation. You need to purchase this course if your nonprofit hosts an annual fund raising extravaganza or periodic events that vary in size and scope.
- Managing Facility Risks — This course identifies the responsibilities and risks of a nonprofit owner, renter or borrower in relation to the space it occupies. It discusses the need to know federal, state and local codes and regulations regarding the buildings and grounds and how to keep users and the nonprofit from harm.
- Risk Management for Sports and Recreation Programs — This course addresses the inherent risk in any sport or recreation program and the expectation and requirement of our legal system that sports organizers, administrators and coaches develop programs that anticipate and manage foreseeable risks. Purchase this course if your nonprofit sponsors a sports or recreation program on a regular basis or if it occasionally offer-taks recreation as part of a special event or another activity.
- Save more than 50% by purchasing the series. Purchase a subscription to the Risk Management Classroom and save more than 50% off the price of individual courses. When you purchase the series you pay only $179. A subscription entitles one registered user to take as many courses as they need with no time restriction.
- Purchase two or more courses at one time and save. Any combination from 2-9 courses costs $19 each. The cost for 10-14 is $179. A multi-course subscription entitles one registered user to take the number of purchased courses 24/7.
- Purchase a single course for one user for only $29.