Generous support for My Risk Management Plan, version 2.0 was provided by the First Nonprofit® Foundation.
The new My Risk Management Plan, version 2.0 enables you to share your risk management vision with key stakeholders. This updated web application features a streamlined input process and is available as a free upgrade to current users. Version 2.0 also allows subscribers to designate an account holder with added users from the same nonprofit, making it easy to collaborate on a custom risk management plan.
My Risk Management Plan, version 2.0 is an affordable web application that helps nonprofit leaders create custom risk management plans for their organizations.
How it works:
- Once you subscribe and login, you can begin creating your custom risk management plan.
- The web application offers 15 modules that discuss risk management issues such as financial management, client safety, governance and more.
- After you select a module, you will be asked a series of questions about your current risk management policies and structure.
- Based on your responses, you will have the option to upload your current policy, select from sample policies, or draft an original policy.
- Generate a draft risk management plan after completing one or more modules.
- View your custom plan online or download the file as a text document or PDF.
- Your Risk Management Plan is then ready to use and share!
SHALOM Denver (Jewish Family Service of Colorado) recently used My Risk Management Plan to develop a plan required by CARF International (the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities). In its report, CARF noted: ‘SHALOM Denver has an exceptionally thorough written risk management plan that is well thought out and covers the many different aspects of risk management, including detailed information on the identification of possible loss exposures, how it will implement and monitor actions to reduce risks, and how it will report the results of actions taken.’
Gail Pennington, Director of Finance and Accounting, Jewish Family Service of Colorado
To begin developing a customized Risk Management Plan for your nonprofit, click here.
For information about developing a special edition of My Risk Management Plan for your national association or umbrella group, contact Melanie Herman at (703) 777-3504 or via e-mail.