Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Commercial General Liability Insurance?
- What does Property Insurance typically cover?
- What insurance covers embezzlement or theft?
- What is Non-owned/hired auto insurance?
- Our volunteers are not covered under our workers compensation policy. Can we get insurance for our volunteers?
- Why would we need Umbrella Coverage?
- What should we look for in an insurance agent or broker?
- What types of insurance do we need?
- What internal controls do we need?
- What steps should we take to ensure that only authorized employees of the nonprofit may deposit and withdraw funds?
- What is the best way to create an atmosphere that is hostile to fraud?
- What are the basics of a safety policy?
- Is it possible to get insurance to cover volunteers who help out at various events? We are renting a venue for a fundraiser and one of the conditions of using the space is that we provide insurance for volunteers in the event they are injured while putting up decorations and assisting with the event.
- Will a D&O Policy help my organization? My nonprofit has failed to do the following: (1) remit taxes to the state and IRS; (2) remit collected medical insurance premiums to the carrier in a timely manner which has caused insurance to lapse on four occasions; (3) mismanaged a government grant.